What would happen if I reformatted?
hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

My computer has been having many issues since FiOS triple play was installed.  Also still have resolved IHA only showing internet and not TV and phone like it should.  So I was wondering what would happen if I reformatted my computer?  Would I lose anything?  Is there a file someone can direct me to incase I lose the driver to the router in process? 

Also, another option is to uninstall everything verizon that is currently installed.  Thinking previous DSL information on my computer might be the culprit, but since I don't know what files belong to DSL and what files belongs to FiOS I figured I'd just remove everything verizon and start fresh.  

What program/information does the Installation Tech use when installing FiOS in your home that's on that little white jump drive?

Re: What would happen if I reformatted?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you reformat and reload your OS then make sure you have the video card drivers handy, the sound card drivers and most importantly your NIC card drivers.  so   maybe go to your device manager, find out what the driver file for your NIC card is and download it to a USB drive.   

with the nic software you can download everything else you want or need, but without it you are stuck in the water.   so grab the name, google search the name with the word driver download at the end of it, and download it to a writeable cd or USB flash drive.    

If you uninstall the VZ software, just install everything, restart your PC and then go to http://activate.verizon.net and log in there with your username and password, and that will help you to reinstall everything on the PC regarding FiOS. 

hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

All drivers  original to this computer are contained within the recovery partition on this computer. And I have not upgraded/changed anything.   You didn't exactly answer the question.  Let me rephrase it.   Are there specific drivers for my actiontec FiOS router that I need to have on hand? 

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Oh, I am sorry. I misunderstood,  I thought it was a general question about items on your PC that you will need.     The Verizon router doesn't have any software drivers, all software is self contained and as long as you have a working NIC card you will be able to access the routers internal software page.   so when you reformat your computer it will not do anything to the router, and you will simply need a way to communicate with the router, for configurations, and a working NIC or working wireless card on your machine is all you need for that.   

hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually uninstalled/removed/deleted any and all reference to Verizon, IHA, and VZ in my computer files(that I could find and recognize as verizon files).  Then went to activate my FiOS.   Now, In Home Agent actually shows my TV and Phone as well as my internet(it would only show internet).  So I believe my guess was right that previous Verizon DSL files that remained on my computer were interfering with In Home Agent.    I'm pleased to have fixed the issue.    I have this "Resume FiOS activation" icon on my desktop that won't go away, no matter how many times I click it and apparently finish the activation.   And In Home Agent keeps asking me to update to the newer version.  I click yes, it reloads, asks again, click yes, reloads, asks again.   So I just click no.    Also In Home Agent keeps telling me that my password is incorrect.   I'll change it, the program will automatically insert the NEW password into the box, and it will say it's incorrect again.   Eish!  I want to bang my head against a wall right now! 

Also, Verizon.com under my services still shows that my set top boxes are not activated,  and any widgets I try to apply don't show up on the TV.  As well as it only gives me the option of adding widgets to one STB, and not the other two.  As in, only one of my three STB's in the drop down box.  

This all is prett silly as far as I'm concerned.   A lot of bugs and kinks in the system and no one at Verizon seems to know how to fix any of it.   I love the faster more reliable internet, more reliable TV, more phone features than I had for one price comparable to all three as separate services(Dish, DSL, Home phone).  But I am not in love with the technical problems for which there are no answers.  From anyone.    Thinking Verizon's going to have to up the ante to compensate for all the headaches that have been caused by technical problems.  Like a lower price.  I think I deserve a couple people's hourly wage for figuring out what 3 support techs couldn't. 

hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, that was not a solution.   Guess ya didn't see all the other problems I STILL have.  So it's NOT resolved. 

0 Likes