Switch Account

When Can I Keep My (Old) Router?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: When Can I Keep My (Old) Router?

Message 21 of 22
(801 Views)

I guess I should have thought that the bottom line is whether the setup page has a WPA2 option or not. 

Back to square one.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: When Can I Keep My (Old) Router?

Message 22 of 22
(795 Views)

@optivity wrote:

The free upgrade is for a wireless "g" router, which is what I currently have. The Actiontec wireless "n" router (rev. I) is the FiOS™ Advanced Wi-Fi Router being sold for $74.99

I would recive this Advanced Wi-Fi router for no charge if I upgrade to Quantum TV.

If I purchased or received this router for no charge most likely Verizon will ask me to return the rev. C router.

If you purchased the new one is yours.  All others are Verizon's.  They rarely appear to want the old routers back at an upgrade time, but do want them back at the end of your service, so HOLD ON TO IT.  They used to vary this by how long you had the router.  Over about a year they would take them back immediately, otherwise they would leave them in your hands.  These days they appear to want rev F and later back.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.