Re: When I Upgrade to Gigabit, How Am I Able to Preserve the MOCA Bridge to Different Locations?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

After you installed the system, please come back and give some feedbacks here.

Re: When I Upgrade to Gigabit, How Am I Able to Preserve the MOCA Bridge to Different Locations?
hey_walt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Feedback on the architecture.  The diagram works, I can access VOD and both my STBs.  Although I'm not confident I'm getting gigabit speed through the bonded ECB5240M adapters.  I'm getting similar speed with just one of the ECB5240M installed and G1100 on other nodes.  This could be time of day testing, etc.  Will give it another go late night to see what the comparable speeds would be with and without the bonded adapters.  Could one or more of the splitters not be compatible with bonded MOCA 2.0?  Or back to my OP there was a link about tweaking settings on the MOCA adapater changing the RF channel / band.  I don't see any options to do that in the config settings on the ECB5240M  device.

On the cost perspective, you can pick up a used G1100 for less than a ECB5240M.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP, I said in the first post that using G1100 as a MoCA node bottlenecks the speed to 500Mbps because G1100 is only MoCA 2.0. You need ECB5240M’s Bonded MoCA 2.0 to get MoCA speed close to 900 Mbps. If you can get the MoCA signal, that means the splitters are fine. Since you are disconnecting the main G1100’s Coax port, no need to change the frequency and that setting is disabled on ECB5240M.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also, use a competent computer to test the speeds. My computer’s CPU maxes to 100% when pulling 300 Mbps. So, I need to run multiple speed tests on multiple devices at the same time then add them all up.

Update: On the right side of the web page (mobile Responsive Design places it at the bottom), there is a How-To video called "Actiontec ECB6200 Review" made by one of the community leaders. It will tell you how to use LAN-Bench (?) software to test LAN speed. For testing MoCA LAN, you don't need to use a broadband speed test. Those speed test results are influenced by a range of factors: time of the day, website server bandwidth, GPON saturation...

hey_walt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Excellent point about the computer to test the speed.  My Macbook Air (USB-C ethernet) does seem to be throttled more than my home PC (hardwired to motherboard).    Either way, I'm happy with the configuration working.  Thanks for all the help!

0 Likes