When am I getting my phone back?!
Seamus

I got FiOS voice and internet service installed on Saturday, March 20.  On Sunday, I woke up and found that my phone was dead and I had no internet.  I called Verizon on my cell phone, and they said they'd have to send a tech out.  No problem, sez I, and within a couple of hours, service magically came back, without anyone needing to come to the house.  (A tech called me Monday morning and asked if I still needed assistance, and I told him things were fine.  (I should have taken this as the first red flag signaling trouble; it suggested that if a service problem didn't fix itself, I'd have to wait 24 hours before someone could come fix it.)  He suggested that I needed to check the backup power unit and make sure it was plugged in.  I told him I would, but I doubted that had been the problem on Sunday, since no one touched it, either before or during the outage.)  On Tuesday morning, March 23, I woke up and found my phone line and internet dead again.  Again I called Verizon.  It's been 24 hours now, and my house is still without phone service.  (All Verizon can tell me is that it's "a central office problem" and that there have been a number of reports of outages.  No one seems to have a clue when service will be restored.)  I've had phone service from Verizon and its predecessors, Bell Atlantic and C&P, off and on since 1977, and I've never had this kind of problem before.  (Oh, I may have lost service for a short while when Hurricane Isabella came through, but it's taken a natural disaster of those proportions to interrupt my copper wire service.)  Then, as soon as I get FiOS, I lose service on portions of three of the five days it's been in place.  I can live without internet for a day or two, but losing phone service is completely unacceptable.  Is this typical? Is this something I should just get used to until I can cancel my FiOS without financial penalty?

0 Likes
Re: When am I getting my phone back?!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

-Here is my two cents-

For my install of FIOS (when ever that happens) I will make sure to tell them that I want to keep my copper.

If possbile: Just FIOS Internet.

If not possbile just FIOS Internet, FIOS Internet and FIOS TV.

I will try to stay away from FIOS telephone, as long as I can.

If I get FIOS telephone, I must keep my copper wires. I am not going to put up with that, issue.

--

Now for you, you may want to consider..

#1 Another copper telephone provider ?

#2 Another telephone provider ( such as Vonage ) ?

#3 OR even a cable provider, that can provide telephone service ?

#4 A cell phone ?

0 Likes