Switch Account

When will Verizon Fios be available?

When will Verizon Fios be available?

Contributor Fb35
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(366 Views)

I was told that my neighborhood in NYC has been wired for Verizon Fios, but that it has not reached all apartments yet. What is the timeline for everyone in a neighborhood having access to Fios? When can I except to be able to purchase Fios? 

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(343 Views)

@Fb35 wrote:

I was told that my neighborhood in NYC has been wired for Verizon Fios, but that it has not reached all apartments yet. What is the timeline for everyone in a neighborhood having access to Fios? When can I except to be able to purchase Fios? 

You can call 1-800-VERIZON and inquire, or you can go to the website to see if there are any updates.

http://www.verizon.com/fios 

you can also sign up for email alerts.

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(310 Views)

Verizon doesn't comment on when service will be available.

And apartments can take a lot longer.

Ask your apartment management company if they have been contacted.

Its possible they will not allow FiOS service to you.
Some apartment buildings have exclusive deals with a cable provider (they get a kickback).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.