When will Verizon join the 21st Century?
TWD2

It is truly unbelievable that in 2018 Verizon still conducts business like it's 1960.  They were once a Baby Bell and it's evident they never grew up.  I had an outage this morning and was unable to reach ANYONE!  Phone and Internet was out so the only way to contact them was by cell phone.

After going through their automated customer avoidance system I was eventually informed that I would be transferred to someone who could help. Unfortunately for me, the people I was transferred to only work business hours and I was informed that "the offices are now closed, please call back during our normal business hours."  Really? Is there NO ONE there after 8:00pm?

The Verizon website and app are worthless on a phone or tablet.  It is clearly evident that for a company that taughts being an ISP they don't know anything about being an ISP! They have done zero development to make their website mobile friendly, and judging from their app it's clear they do not understand anything about developing for the mobile world. There are links that do not connect anywhere, there are menu buttons that display no content. It's quite embarassing when you think about a company the size of Verizon and how horrible, deficient, and completely outdated their technology and tools are.  One tool said there were no reported outages and another tool said there was an outage in my area!  Their tools don't talk and the clearly don't pull from a consistent data source.  All I knew is that my phone and Internet were out for over 2 hours!

Since I am unable to reach Verizon, I will file a complaint with the Public Utility Commission regarding my experience, with screen shots of how unusable their tools are and how there was no one available to discuss the outage and see if the PUC can reach Verizon.

The real laugh, my current contract expires soon and they want me to renew.  Why would I even consider Verizon in the post AOL era?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon join the 21st Century?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My experience is that the best avenue for support is via twitter @verizonsupport.

I believe they are round the clock. Not immediate, but pretty responsive.

0 Likes
YADJUNK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Concur.   It is 2023 and no better.   I just submitted a suggestion that Verizion actually allow you on an app or website to call forward and see your call forward status.  This seems like a no-brainer.  But just like the rest of their functionality (convoluted, outdated,...)... they prefer their customers use the *71/*72 and *73 commands circa 1980s to adjust call forwarding.  On top of not being able to adjust your call forward via app or website, you can't even see where/how/if your calls are being call forwarded.  Had to call customer support when *73 didn't work for me.  Interestingly customer service could see all this info and toggle the call forwarding  would seem like something you would want your customer to be able to do to?? right??  There is so much they could do to enhance user experience and make their app actually useful but they don't.

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you!

0 Likes