Where are the QoS settings for the new Verizon Quantum Gateway router?
SnowTaiga
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm looking for the QoS Settings on the new Verizon Quantum Gateway router but all the manual says is the following:

Manual: http://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide140925.pdf

"Quality of Service (QoS) – contact Technical Support for detailed information"

There must be a way to do this without calling technical support. Is there a certain hidden menu I'm missing?

I had QoS Settings on my old Verizon Actiontec Router and now after changing to the Quantum Gateway router, I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Re: Where are the QoS settings for the new Verizon Quantum Gateway router?
vlam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also looking for QoS settings. I honestly think it doesn't exist on the Quantum Gateway.

0 Likes
vogels

It's literally 2016. How does this router not QoS. I'm Baffled.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vogels wrote:

It's literally 2016. How does this router not QoS. I'm Baffled.

It's not easy to QoS a potential 500M/500M circuit from a hardware perspective. DSCP QoS is often left to more expensive gear that lives in rackmount space.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another thing about QoS is that it is only useful if there is queuing.

If your Internet link is not saturated (even for short periods of time), QoS doesn't do anything.

tylorduvally
Enthusiast - Level 1

In case anyone is still looking for this answer like I was, I found the settings. Wireless Settings at the top, and then on the side you'll see Advanced Security Settings. In the text that comes up there on the right hit Other Advanced Wireless Options. It'll ask you if you want to proceed, click yes. On this page there are the settings for 2.4 then 5GHz. At the bottom of each list of settings you'll see a link to what you're looking for: 2.4 GHz WMM Settings (and 5 GHz WMM Settings under the 5 list). Click that link and you can disable here. I disabled for both. Hope this helps someone else! If you prefer list form:

Wireless Settings

Advanced Security Settings

Advanced Wireless Options

Proceed? (yes)

2.4 (or 5) GHz WMM Settings

NYN1g
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately,  this only allows you to toggle the WMM and WMM Power Save features  No settings. Might be a good idea to turn off power save. I've seen some posts that suggest possible dropped connections because of this. It seems to manage polling from your device to save battery on a mobile device.  

In an ideal world, we would be able to direct our Netflix content to our device at max speed/priority and let our kids YouTube connection suffer!  But no, that's not what WMM (wifi multimedia manager) does.

0 Likes