Re: Where can I download the latest MI424WR Rev I firmware to my computer to update my router?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want to check what you have:

Click on System Monitoring

On Router Status Screen you will find

Firmware Version plus other info that might be of interest to you. 

PS from Actiontec Admin

Unfortunately the contract that we have with Verizon does not allow us to post any firmware for the devices that we have manufactured for them. They do this so that they know every device on their network has the correct firmware. So we would have to direct you back to Verizon to obtain the firmware upgrade.

Re: Where can I download the latest MI424WR Rev I firmware to my computer to update my router?
ZTRNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is correct, usually any service provider supplied router (as with cell phones) will get their firmware updates directly from the provider.  Cable Modems/Gateways (3rd party or not) are the same way.

Eddie-XR7

Here’s something that might be of interest.

http://opensource.actiontec.com/mi424wri.html

0 Likes
glugglug73

I have 2 of these on 01.04.00.11 and 1 on 02.02.00.16, all used as bridges.

If I could flash the new one back to 1.04 or earlier I would. 

All that happens with each revision is they remove more options.  For example, using it as a bridge without the ability for it to grab a DHCP address from the LAN side is disturbing.  And 10 years ago with Rev F, there were like 20x more menu options, including the ability to select from a menu of 5-6 MoCA channels are used for both LAN and WAN, instead of being locked into 1100 Mhz.

0 Likes