Where can I get replacement fiber optic cable?
CableEatingDog

My dog bit my fiber optic cable in half today. They want to send a technician out for $100. I would much rather buy the cable from somewhere if anyone knows where I can get it.imageThe damage

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where can I get replacement fiber optic cable?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CableEatingDog wrote:

My dog bit my fiber optic cable in half today. They want to send a technician out for $100. I would much rather buy the cable from somewhere if anyone knows where I can get it.imageThe damage

If the other end it the same as that connector then yes. Just search online for fiber type SC APC. Make sure you get that specific one. There are a lot of types of connectors and there is a very similar one SC UPC with a blue connector. Don’t get that one. It has to be a green one SC APC

If the other end goes to somewhere you can’t access then you will have to have Verizon out. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't see the picture yet but if you message me the picture I can take a look. 

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Where in you system is this cable?  E.G.  coming into the ONT, leaving the ONT for the router, between the router and a cable box, etc.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CableEatingDog wrote:

If the other end it the same as that connector then yes. Just search online for fiber type SC APC. Make sure you get that specific one. There are a lot of types of connectors and there is a very similar one SC UPC with a blue connector. Don’t get that one. It has to be a green one SC APC

If the other end goes to somewhere you can’t access then you will have to have Verizon out. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless this is a short patch cable inside the not, the cable gores from your house to a junction box.

Not only will it cost you more than $100, you can't connect up the other end as it is in a Verizon controlled area.