Switch Account

Where in the world are the support telephone numbers?

Where in the world are the support telephone numbers?

Highlighted
Contributor ackdog1
Contributor
Message 1 of 22
(2,425 Views)

I just spent a very frustrating 45 minutes or so searching Verizon's web site for a support telephone number for my Fios internet.  I kept going in a circuitous route with "contact us,"  followed by my zip code, and then the same "contact us" webpage, my zip code again, and so on.   Live chat was no better, and had the same routine.

I'm not a computer idiot, and the question I had was not answered on the forums, so telephone support or live chat are required.  Why is it so darn hard to get a hold of someone in a prompt fashion?

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 2 of 22
(2,423 Views)

There is a Contact Us link on almost every page where you can access email, chat and other support.

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

Highlighted
Contributor ackdog1
Contributor
Message 3 of 22
(2,421 Views)

Exactly my point.  This is the dead-end chasing-my-tail route with asking a zip code, then going right back to the same "contact us" webpage.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 22
(2,415 Views)

@ackdog1 wrote:

Exactly my point.  This is the dead-end chasing-my-tail route with asking a zip code, then going right back to the same "contact us" webpage.

Well, I don't know what you are doing, but for me it is easy:

1) Click on Contact Us and I get....

Image 158.jpg

2) click on Call Us and I get...

Image 159.jpg

3) Enter my Zip Code and click on Go and I get...

Image 161.jpg

Which obviously contains phone numbers (note they are all the same but with different hours depending on the type of problem). Easy as pie.....

What Zip are you entering, maybe there is a problem somewhere in Verizon's system for that Zip Code. Or you have a browser problem of some kind, perhaps an add-on that is blocking it, you might try running the browser with no add-ons.

Edit: I have always used 888-553-1555 for FiOS support, as far as I know it still works.

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Contributor hileron
Contributor
Message 5 of 22
(2,407 Views)

I had the same problem with IE.  When I use Opera, I get the phone number page.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 22
(2,405 Views)

@hileron wrote:

I had the same problem with IE.  When I use Opera, I get the phone number page.

Do you have any add-ons active in IE?

I guess I should have mentioned that I use Firefox with a lot of add-ons. And I did have to discontinue using one of the add-ons (HTTPS-Everywhere) recently with Verizon web pages as it was affecting some functions with the new My Verizon, but I still use it for many other web sites.

Just tried it on IE 8 and Google Chrome, no problem getting to the phone page on either.

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Contributor Baeb
Contributor
Message 7 of 22
(2,253 Views)

Maybe it works for you, but I keep getting the runaround too!!

Highlighted
Contributor GoingbacktoCox
Contributor
Message 8 of 22
(2,070 Views)

Just spent 15 minutes going through a variety of different links all ending at the same loop of "contact us" and zip code. Not sure what they have to do with each other but just another example of how Verizon support is non existent. I see that they have not even responded to several of the issues posted on "their" boards. How hard is it to put a service contact number on one of the first page of support. Not that it matters it will take 3-4 weeks to get a tech out to the house to do the same things I have already done to trouble shoot and since they won't bring any equipment with them, it will take another 3-4 weeks and have to come back again to replace something they already know is an inferior product.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 9 of 22
(2,063 Views)
I had the issue that my Internet was down and I couldn't find them anywhere in the phone book except the regular home phone service. When I got back up I went to there page and wrote all there numbers down.
Highlighted
Contributor 30ds4j
Contributor
Message 10 of 22
(2,003 Views)

I would like to transfer to Comcast since Verizon supplies no technical support.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.