SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Where is this located

Message 1 of 5
(1,379 Views)
Hi,

I'm using an Actiontec MI424WR rev 1 and I'm trying to find a page where I can set the number of users/connections on my network. Do you know where this is located?

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Where is this located

Message 4 of 5
(1,340 Views)
Found it. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 2 of 5
(1,357 Views)

i do not  KNOW for sure, but is it possible that the number of users or devices allowed would be set by changing the range of local addresses assigned ? for example, by only allowing addresses numbered from 192.168.1.1 through 192.168.1.10, you would effectively be limiting total devices to 10, including the actiontec itself... maybe? i remember verizon's westell dsl modem had a setting like this for same reason.....good luck! anyone else with more specialized knowledge care to chime in??

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(1,341 Views)
That is exactly what I'm looking for, but I just can't find that setting anywhere.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(1,341 Views)
Found it. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(1,246 Views)

glad to hear that! so is  it a "range of addresses you have to specify" or a simple "maximum number of users" setting in this actiontec in order to limit  # of users? or some other method/setting entirely?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.