Where to find help for Verizon Yahoo! browser?
Chloesi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having trouble with the Verizon Yahoo! browser, but can't seem to find online help for it. Any suggestions on where to go? I'm still can't customize my browser buttons. They reverted back to the standard buttons after what I am assuming was an update. It occured on three different computers, and all three will not allow me to customize them back.

0 Likes
Re: Where to find help for Verizon Yahoo! browser?
prisaz
Legend

@Chloesi wrote:

I'm having trouble with the Verizon Yahoo! browser, but can't seem to find online help for it. Any suggestions on where to go? I'm still can't customize my browser buttons. They reverted back to the standard buttons after what I am assuming was an update. It occured on three different computers, and all three will not allow me to customize them back.

I home this link helps. It is actually on Yahoo's server, and not Verizon's.

http://help.yahoo.com/verizon/tutorials/cl3/cl_tut_index.html

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The reason it is so difficult to get support for the Yahoo Browser is because Yahoo is getting rid of the product. Anyone who already has it can continue using it until it breaks, but there is no real support for it from Verizon or Yahoo. I'd take this opportunity to try some of the other browsers out there. (IE (if you're a Microsoft fan), Firefox, Chrome, Safari...)

0 Likes
Chloesi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interesting. I wish they would have sent some sort of notification with that regards. So, as for other browsers, do you have any favorites? Does Verizon have another one they are joined with like they were with Verizon Yahoo!? I suppose I will lose all my disposable e-mail accounts as well...they were all "yahoo.com".

Ok, thanks for the heads up!

0 Likes
Chloesi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

your yahoo accounts themselves shouldn't be affected, just the browser software. I like Firefox, personally. I'm just starting to experiment with Chrome, and it seems pretty cool so far, if a bit unstable.

ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

It is always good to have a "backup" browser installed on your PC in case the one that you use becomes corrupted somehow. Personally, each of my PC's has three browsers installed as a fail safe.

Firefox is likely the closest "feel" to IE. Chrome is the new browser from Google. There is also a lesser known browser called Opera that is fairly decent.  

0 Likes