Which MoCa adapters work with FIOS?
kln1

I replaced my old router with a pfsense router, however the only way it will run is with the ONT switched to ethernet. With it switched to ethernet I lose data going to the STB making the TV pretty useless.

I bought a Motorolla MM1000 MoCa adapter to replace the Verizon ActionTec router with builtin MoCa. It does not work. Spent an hour with tech support, no luck. I read something somewhere that said there is a frequency that Verizon/Fios uses on the cable and it is not compatible with the Motorolla. Something to that effect. After a nearly an hour on chat with 2 different agent, they gave me no useful information on an adapter that will work INPLACE OF the old ActionTec router/Moca.

So my question is has anyone been successfuly in using their own MoCa adapter if so where did you get it, who makes it, model ...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Which MoCa adapters work with FIOS?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use a Actiontec WCB3000N with a Ubiquiti router. The typical setup is take a LAN port from your router/switch and plug into the MoCA adapter's ethernet port. Then take the coax that was connected to your old router and also connect that to your MoCa adapter. 

Afterwards reboot your STBs and it should work. Don't bother chatting with Verizon as this is not a supported method. 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

Look under section 3.0 & 3.1 

this should assist you. You need a MOCA adapter and a splitter. 

Follow the instructions at the link I gave you.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use a Actiontec WCB3000N with a Ubiquiti router. The typical setup is take a LAN port from your router/switch and plug into the MoCA adapter's ethernet port. Then take the coax that was connected to your old router and also connect that to your MoCa adapter. 

Afterwards reboot your STBs and it should work. Don't bother chatting with Verizon as this is not a supported method.