Re: Who is MAILSRVCS.NET ?? And why did my email take 22 minutes to be delivered?
EHSFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

bbranco --

Thank you for the link.

I agree with BostonDelayed on this, and as you can see, I've started to turn up the heat as well and get the word out:

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=5362

I'm also heading over to www.dslreports.com to see if they've heard anything.

FWIW, both  Techman28 and  Kathleen from Verizon on this board have been great, helpful, and very supportive.

I just don't know whether they can reallly do anything about this issue.I really think this is being handled by the main frame Uebergeeks, who could care less about loss of revenue and customer service.

I think Verizon will only really pay attention when this hits the media, and their pocketbook with canceled accounts -- I've already hinted at that with the business office. I'm giving it through the weekend -- just roll back to where you were before these issues. Thinks were fine.

Unfortunately they have me with their wireless phone service (can you hear me now?), but I can live with Optimum TV, Internet, heck, even Optonline residential phone. And, my business switch over is looking like a better bet every day as well.

'later.

0 Likes
Re: Who is MAILSRVCS.NET ?? And why did my email take 22 minutes to be delivered?
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I am working directly with that group we just don't have an eta at this time
0 Likes
bbranco

After going on for a week, I get a phone call just telling me there is a problem and they are working on it.  then not 5 minutes later, I get a text message saying the problem is resolved.  For a communications company, they are not really good at this.

I tell the person who called, that you are Verizon and you should be able to handle a problem like this.  It's not like you are a fly by night company.

Too bad I am under contract, or I would have had Comcast back in already for internet service.

If they get hit financially, then maybe they would actually fix their problem.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@bbranco wrote:

After going on for a week, I get a phone call just telling me there is a problem and they are working on it.  then not 5 minutes later, I get a text message saying the problem is resolved.  For a communications company, they are not really good at this.

I tell the person who called, that you are Verizon and you should be able to handle a problem like this.  It's not like you are a fly by night company.

Too bad I am under contract, or I would have had Comcast back in already for internet service.

If they get hit financially, then maybe they would actually fix their problem.

Perhaps one group was instructed to call and inform users they new of the issue and it was being addressed. Good on Verizon's part to do this. Then perhaps while doing this another group solved the problem and started to notify people right away. I would say that is good communications, and they are trying to keep people informed. Let's see how well it is fixed before you slam them. I just tested the same route that took 10 hours to transfer mail on. I provided techman28 much information he requested, and it is fixed. I have tested mail to multiple locations and it has arrived in seconds. I just started testing this issue a Thursday and provided information in the past 24 hours so I would say things were fixed pretty quick once they looked into it, and had information they requested from users.

bbranco

Thanks for informing me before they did. Perhaps information some of us users provided may have helped with the troublshooting.

0 Likes
BostonDelayed

It may be fixed by you, but it isn't here in Boston, MA. I just had to call a client in NY to discover an email I sent last night still hasn't been delivered.

And PS- the reps I spoke to yesterday told me I'd receive a status call this morning. No call...

If a company is going to grow at the rate Verizon is, it needs to keep up with demand- especially considering the prices they charge and their boastfulness regarding high-speed.

0 Likes
EHSFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

@BostonDelayed wrote:

It may be fixed by you, but it isn't here in Boston, MA. I just had to call a client in NY to discover an email I sent last night still hasn't been delivered.

And PS- the reps I spoke to yesterday told me I'd receive a status call this morning. No call...

If a company is going to grow at the rate Verizon is, it needs to keep up with demand- especially considering the prices they charge and their boastfulness regarding high-speed.

Boston Delayed --

Same here. I've been working with Techman28 via PM on my situation. Good guy, but not much he can do.

Everytime they think they've fixed it, it goes off again.

It seemed fine before; now, three messages sent to a Hotmail account at 9:21 p.m. using the Verizon, only the second arrived so far (now 9:30).

All three cc's of the same messages to my verizon.net address came through in less than a minute. But to Hotmail, still waiting.

I agree with you on the pricing and service promises as well. If you calim to offer the best service, you should deliver.

9:32 -- still no messages (the other two). Eleven minutes for two messages with a signature block, and "Test 9:21" in the subject header.

9:34 -- I logged off of Hotmail, came back in, no messages. Thirteen minutes.

9:36 -- Fifteen minutes. Nothing.

I give up -- this is stupid, and a waste of my time.

Tomorrow I'm firing up a SMTP outbound relay, and I'll be done with this **bleep**. Short term.

Long term, off to another ISP.

'nite.

P.S. -- 9:38 -- 17 minutes, nothing.

0 Likes
EHSFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

9:51 p.m. Exactly half an hour since I pressed the send button. Nothing. Those two messages are toast.

***edit

Over an hour. Two of three messages never reached their destination. How can anyone live with themselves with that kind of quality?

I'd be tearing my hair out right now.

-- Wait, I am tearing my hair out right now.

Message Edited by EHSFIOS on 06-19-2009 10:28 PM
0 Likes
EHSFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, 11:23 p.m., two full hours, and two missing messages.

Here's Verizon email:

Sent three, deliver one.

33% chance that your email will arrive.

Ridiculous.

0 Likes
EHSFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, good morning everyone!

While you (and I) were sleeping, those two messages I sent last night at 9:21 p.m. came in -- exactly nine (9) hours later at 6:21 a.m. and 6:22 a.m. this morning.

And, I also got one that I had completely forgotten about --

a test message I sent at 8:02 a.m. 6/19/09 came in overnight at 3:53 a.m. -- that one took almost twenty (20) hours to get from my veriozon.net account to my hotmail.com account.

Ain't that grand? Verizon's tech support supervisor spends more time reading me the fine print out of their Terms and Conditions on "millisecond" delivery of email -- instead of spending her time fixing email that's taking nine or twenty hours to get through.

What a joke -- 4 messages sent, and 3 of them take 9 hours or more to get delivered.

What a joke.

0 Likes
bbranco

After I got my text message saying everything was fixed, I signed into web mail and sent 2 messages - I received them right away.

Then this morning, I did the same and 45 minutes later I don't have them. 

EHSFIOS  I do have you beat - I sent one last Saturday and it came in Wednesday 4 days for delivery - even the USPS is not that bad.

So the poster who said don't slam Verizon is a little off base... 

0 Likes