Whole FIOS Issue
DRT115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was watching TV yesterday and the picture froze. But had internet. Got up to get ready for work and watch TV. Got to work and my wife tells me she had a still picture for over 20 minutes and Internet went out again. So I went to Support at Verizon and they said there is trouble on my line and that the OTN is loosing power. Everything is plugged in and no error lights on battery back up? Just trying to see what everyone thinks the issue is and how long the Tech will be there to fix the issue. Did I mention I put a ticket in on the 18th and woke up at 730 that Am and everything worked so I canceled the ticket. I'm just afraid that when the Tech show up I will not have the issue and they leave with out checking anything. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Whole FIOS Issue
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be a failing ont or bbu if you have one. May even be an issue with the line outside. I would just have a tech out and they can replace your ont and upgrade your bbu to a power adapter. At least that would rule out the equipment. 

View solution in original post

Re: Whole FIOS Issue
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be a failing ont or bbu if you have one. May even be an issue with the line outside. I would just have a tech out and they can replace your ont and upgrade your bbu to a power adapter. At least that would rule out the equipment.