Why Does a Web Site Perform Slowly from One Location?
esa1pam

Have you ever experienced a case where a particular offsite web server delivers a painfully slow response when you access it from your work network? You may have already attempted to troubleshoot this issue by assessing the web server itself, only to unsuccessfully pinpoint any helpful information or indication that this server is having any technical issues.

Even more bizarre, the web site delivers a “lightening fast” response when accessed from other locations like your home. “Hmmm…it must be a problem with my network at work”, you start to think. But after loading other websites (from work), you notice that these other websites load perfectly fast. You then (again) attempt to access the problematic offsite web server from work, but again it still takes forever to load, confirming the original issue.

Any Ideas to fix this issue....??

0 Likes
Re: Why Does a Web Site Perform Slowly from One Location?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be anything. MTU issue, congestion issue, packet loss issue. Does the site have any external content that could be putting a wrench into things with a specific connection?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not unusual for your work site to put all sorts of restrictions on access to various websites.

0 Likes
db909
Contributor - Level 3

@tns_2 wrote:

Not unusual for your work site to put all sorts of restrictions on access to various websites.

Agreed, but intentional restrictions block sites, they don't allow them to operate slowly as the OP stated.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually I know my company did just that.  SLowed certain sites but did not completely deny access.  We woud completely donwload whatever was being accessed, do various scans, and then maybe allow access.  Requiring the whold thing to download again.

0 Likes