×

Switch Account

Why can't I access mail.twc.com through my Verizon router?

Why can't I access mail.twc.com through my Verizon router?

Reply
Highlighted
Contributor svpangburn
Contributor
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎10-25-2016
Message 1 of 18
(6,029 Views)

Starting last Thursday 10/20/16 I noticed that I wasn't getting emails from my time warner cable email address. It had been working fine until that point. If it connect to the internet through a TWC router or my AT&T hot spot I can get twc emails and access mail.twc.com just fine. Verizon claims it's not thier problem and said it's a TWC problem. Called TWC and they had me test a couple of things and since I'm getting to mail.twc.com just fine through the TWC router and the AT&T hot spot they say the problem is Verizon. I have been on hold for a very long time on the phone calling Verizon support so thought i would try this forum. Any one know how to fix getting access to mail.twc.com through the Verizon router restored? Getting pretty frustrated with Verizon!

17 REPLIES 17
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 4,736
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Message 2 of 18
(6,008 Views)

@svpangburn wrote:

Starting last Thursday 10/20/16 I noticed that I wasn't getting emails from my time warner cable email address. It had been working fine until that point. If it connect to the internet through a TWC router or my AT&T hot spot I can get twc emails and access mail.twc.com just fine. Verizon claims it's not thier problem and said it's a TWC problem. Called TWC and they had me test a couple of things and since I'm getting to mail.twc.com just fine through the TWC router and the AT&T hot spot they say the problem is Verizon. I have been on hold for a very long time on the phone calling Verizon support so thought i would try this forum. Any one know how to fix getting access to mail.twc.com through the Verizon router restored? Getting pretty frustrated with Verizon!


https://mail.twc.com

Probably not what you want to hear, but no need to get frustrated with Verizon.

they are not blocking you.

i had no problem getting to the Mail login site. However since I cancelled the TW/Spectrum last week I cannot access email sent since my account closed.

 

another thing you could do is if you have a GMail account is to link Time Warner Email to be available via GMail. My mother in law had me set this up since her trying to login or actually get her email has been a nightmare for years. 

 

Time Warner/Spectrum does not care as they told her if you can send or receive email. They said it was not a part of their services and recommend she get an Outlook or GMail account instead.

 

go figure

Contributor svpangburn
Contributor
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎10-25-2016
Message 3 of 18
(6,001 Views)
Thanks for they reply. I should have mentioned that I am maintaining (not closing) my TWC account. And what's odd is that I can access Webmail using AT&T or TWC router. And the Verizon router allowed access for the last 2 months. Could a firm ware update been pushed out that created this? Or could the router have "broken" and need to be replaced?
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 4,736
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Message 4 of 18
(5,989 Views)

@svpangburn wrote:
Thanks for they reply. I should have mentioned that I am maintaining (not closing) my TWC account. And what's odd is that I can access Webmail using AT&T or TWC router. And the Verizon router allowed access for the last 2 months. Could a firm ware update been pushed out that created this? Or could the router have "broken" and need to be replaced?

I would first try a disconnect of power to the Verizon router. Wait a few minutes and plug it back in. Then after it's fully booted up try a connection to time warners webmail portal. You could also try a direct connection via Ethernet to your Verizon router and see if you can access the portal. If you are wireless try a different device.

 

another thing you can do but only if you have experience in doing a DHCP release and then a DHCP renewal then after fully up, try the site again.

 

in some internet providers they assign an IP address that is blacklisted and many sites who subscribe to these RBL's or blocking services stop you from accessing the web portal in question.

 

however this may not be the case. I would just try a reboot of the Verizon Router.

last resort call customer service to see what they can do.

 

good Luck 

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 7,639
Registered: ‎11-04-2008
Message 5 of 18
(5,975 Views)

I just tried it and got a login page.

What error are you getting?


If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor BobR1966
Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎10-27-2016
Message 6 of 18
(5,961 Views)

I've been having exactly the same problem. It also seems to block POP, IMAP, and SMTP access to mail.twc.com (yet it will ping). I've found that if I VPN to my office, I can access mail.twc.com with all of them. That's not a workable solutions though as my wife also needs to access her RR email.

 

I does seem like both sides are pointing fingers at the other. TWC says it isn't blocked and Verizon says they only block port 110 since it isn't secure.

 

If I can't come up with a workable solution soon, my wife will ditch Fios and get us back on TWC. I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it. Any ideas?

Contributor BobR1966
Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎10-27-2016
Message 7 of 18
(5,960 Views)

@jonjones wrote:

another thing you could do is if you have a GMail account is to link Time Warner Email to be available via GMail.

 


I have an Outlook.com address and tested this method out. It seems to work pretty well and even gives you an option to change the From address when creating a new message. There doesn't seem to be a "Leave messages on server" option, so I'm not sure if it is or isn't. My wife doesn't have an outlook.com address, but I think she may have gmail. I'll have to see if this solution will be workable for her too. She has a RR work email that she can't access now either. That is more of an issue for her than her personal email.

 

Thanks for the tip. I hope it pans out.

Contributor BobR1966
Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎10-27-2016
Message 8 of 18
(5,959 Views)

Well, the tests didnt' quite pan out. I can send thru my RR account, but Outlook only brought in RR email when I first configured the connector. Now neither Outlook or outlook.com show any new RR mail. I was hoping it was grabbing it online thru MS, but it seems to go thru my computer and therefore suffers the same fate as trying to connect directly to RR mail.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 4,437
Registered: ‎12-16-2012
Message 9 of 18
(5,945 Views)

Not seen you mention what ports you use.  They do block port 25.  Most other common ports should work.

 

Your router must of couse not be set to block the ports you need.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 4,736
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Message 10 of 18
(5,937 Views)

@BobR1966 wrote:

Well, the tests didnt' quite pan out. I can send thru my RR account, but Outlook only brought in RR email when I first configured the connector. Now neither Outlook or outlook.com show any new RR mail. I was hoping it was grabbing it online thru MS, but it seems to go thru my computer and therefore suffers the same fate as trying to connect directly to RR mail.


I have read both your replies. The problem with any Microsoft product or service is that since the days of DOS it really is crappy 

 

i said to set set it up through GMail. This is what I did for my mother in law.

after I entered her login and password for Road Runner mail, it started to download all her RR.Com email.

 

i created a folder called roadrunner mail and made the mail to be seen as red in color when it came in through googles server.

 

https://www.redstampmail.com/resources/configuring-gmail-to-pull-mail/roadrunner.com/

 

See the above link. Really is very easy.

 

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56283?hl=en

 

Or manual setup instruction for different mail clients.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/internet/step-by-step/twc-mail.html

 

As I have said I and others have no problem getting to the webmail login page.

and it therefore cannot be Verizon. Why block one user and allow everyone else to access it?

 

see what I mean?

 

 

 

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.