Re: Why can't I access mail.twc.com through my Verizon router?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you access it via web browser?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Can you access it via web browser?

The poster stated "webmail" that is through a "web browser"

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a later post where someone mentioned SMTP, POP3, IMAP as well.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

There was a later post where someone mentioned SMTP, POP3, IMAP as well.

Correct through the same poster. He was saying it was in addition to the webmail not coming through. That is quite strange. 

However you and i could reach the webmail login and we could. Verizon did not block it from the original poster and let everyone else access roadrunner web mail inte face. 

0 Likes
svpangburn

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions but nothing seems to help get access to mail.twc.com tthrough the verizon router to work. I have tried all of the suggestions with different devices, restarting the router, hard wiring to the router and still no luck. It seems to be something with the Verizon router since i was able to access mail.twc.com with my lap tops when hard wired by lap top to the TWC router that I still have (down graded service so that I could keep my email address with road runner). I tried my AT&T wireless hot spot will all my devices and that worked too. I have restarted the Verizon router and rebooted the laptop and still no good. What's strange is that when I run a tracert (dos window) to mail.twc.com it seems to successfully reach mail.twc.com in about 13 hops. But accessing mail.twc.com (using chrome and miscrosoft browsers) continue to say page can't be reached. But those same browsers can reach mail.twc.com when I am accessing the internet with my AT&T hotspot. So what could possibly explain the inability to access mail.twc.com through the verizon router???  

0 Likes
svpangburn

I just tried another browser - Firefox. It returned a message with a little more information: 

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Is that a TWC problem or a Verizon problem or something else entirely?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That error explains what may be causing you some trouble, but it doesn't explain the full picture. If you can, please post up the detailed description that the browser provides for what server is answering, and why the connection is failing. There's usually a "More Information" button which can do this.

At this point, please consider giving your Verizon router a factory reset. Be sure to note down any customizations you've made to the settings, if any. Once reset, see if TWC Mail works. Then, apply your custom settings, if any, and see which causes an issue.

A factory reset is done by holding down the FiOS router's reset button for about 30 seconds. This should hopefully clear any problems caused by a firmware update as well as anything caused by an erroneous change by someone or something.

0 Likes
normz04
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have solved the problem. Before you go to bed turn off all computers that access the wifi. Turn off Cable modem first and router by unplugging them. When you wake up in the morning our after 6 hours turn cable modem on first and then the router.

What happens is the ISP is leasing your IP address and when you turn your cable modem off the ISP dont see your IP address for a long time so they release it and issue you a new one when you go back online. Why is your IP address blocked at the first place? I have no idea, mine was blocked too to certain websites but this fixed it. I hope this helps!