Why can't I view my bill for Fios internet after I log in online?
RemoveCallWait

I got an email from Verizon saying my bill is ready to view.  When I click on the links and get to their website, nothing I do lets me see the bill.  Why?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I view my bill for Fios internet after I log in online?
jonjones1
Legend

Capricorn 1:

i would have verizon open a web engineering request to have them fix the account for viewing and or printing or saving. While on that same call have the representative either do a old account remove and or have them check out the malfunction via having them log in to your account that is not functional and see if the proper page loads.

now if it does function as it should from their end, I would take a computer to a friends house with or without a Fios service (I would look with cable internet)and try viewing the online account. Now if it actually works and then you know the block of the site is from your home connection through Fios. Then I would look into a router having parental controls enabled or network settings on your devices.

Hey your not hyjacking 😀

View solution in original post

joe-nyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

honestly, verizon's websights are acting weird.

i have not been able to login here for a week.

it took 6 weeks before my first bill was viewable

and that was only after i paid it off the paper bill.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@RemoveCallWait wrote:

I got an email from Verizon saying my bill is ready to view.  When I click on the links and get to their website, nothing I do lets me see the bill.  Why?

You don't say if you mean from a laptop or desktop a tablet or...?

you should be able to view the bill from the Fios app. 

Sometimes the notice of your bill is ready for viewing is a little premature.

try later and see if it appears.

if on a computer you may need to clear your cache then see if you can log in and view your invoice.

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I go to verizon.com website's Residential -> My Verizon -> Billing, page, I find a myriad of way to look at my bill online. The first is to click on:

and that gives me:

OK. Well, that didn't work, but then there's Download Bill from:

From there, I can get copies of my bill in the form of PDF/mailed copies of bills up to 24 months back or view online copies up to 12 months back. So, if I want a PDF, I just use the Paper bills (up to 24 mths) and pick a date like so:

Hmm. December 2015 is the latest bill I can choose. What if I want a bill from this year? Like last month, for example? I guess I can't do the PDF route. Well there's always the Online bill (up to 12 mths) tab. I'll just click on that and get:

Well. Darn. It looks like there are a myriad of ways that I can try - none of which actually get me a bill from this year.

Yep, it's broken. Has been for months.

You can use the My FiOS app from your smart phone if you have one. However, most of the options to view bills in that app also don't work.  You can get reasonable info about your current charges, but that's about it. Bill History generates an error similar to the website's error. Payment History is just empty.

I really love my Verizon FiOS Internet service, but that whole Billing area has been a mess for a long time.

jonjones1
Legend

Capricorn1: It has to be something with your end.

i have no difficulty viewing my bill from the app or on a regular computer or tablet.

and its printable. I do not subscribe to any online billing where there is no physically mailed paper invoice. Just as you should not use auto pay since both have the old gotchas.

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

Capricorn1: It has to be something with your end.

i have no difficulty viewing my bill from the app or on a regular computer or tablet.

and its printable. I do not subscribe to any online billing where there is no physically mailed paper invoice. Just as you should not use auto pay since both have the old gotchas.

It's great that it works for you. It doesn't work for me in Firefox or Chrome on either my desktop, laptop, or Android tablet. It's quite consistent in not working. My phone sort of works if I use the Android My FiOS app. That's it. Could be my end, but I don't think so. Just checked again I case it had changed. Nope.

jonjones1
Legend

Capricorn1: I would not use those browsers (Firefox or Google Chrome) without first doing a complete browser cache wipe and delete the visited sites from your settings.

https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic

Or 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache/

I am certain you more than likely knew how to do this. This may cure your issue with viewing the Verizon web portal. The second link shows how to clear any browser. The first link shows only Firefox.

about six months ago I had to clear chrome because the Verizon wireless web portal was acting screwy but after I cleared the whole kit and kaboodle it returned to normal.

hope it works for you as well.

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for the suggestions, jonjones, but that didn't help. I tried clearing the caches on both Firefox and Chrome on both my Windows desktop and Android tablet. No difference. That did make me think about checking my firewall logs to see if maybe something was getting bounced, but I found nothing there.

That did make me think of something else. When you go to https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/billview/billing/billdownload , what is the latest date you see under Select a bill date? Mine is December 13, 2015. Do you see last month's date (or this month's date)?

It occurs to me that December 13, 2015 is just about the time I switched from Verizon Business FiOS to Residential FiOS. Verizon's billing was always a bit messed up because I had both business and residential services running to my home. (At one time, there were even two ONTs and two fiber runs to my house. Technically, there still are, but only one is working.) Whenever I called up about my Internet, I always had to give them an account number, or they couldn't find it. Normally, it would be tied to a business phone, but the only phone I had when I first got the service was my home (landline) phone, and that was already tied to my residential landline phone (and later FiOS TV).

I think perhaps, it's just that my account is severely broken. I still get paper bills (because trying to enroll in paperless fails with an error - I just tried that again, too), but the account number on the paper version bears no resemblance to the one I see when I log into verizon.com. But then, my account numbers never matched.

jonjones1
Legend

Hi Capricorn1:

here is the screen shot of that link. It shows August 2017. 

imageBill Screen

Like I said it shows under all browsers, and with my iPads so it screwed up somewhere on your end with Verizon or from the devices you are using. However it would seem unlikely device issue since it is happening to you from multiple devices. I would then say a total screw up on Verizon's end.

i often times get the wireless side keeps telling me I am locked out and it keeps asking for a password change. I jump through hoops and put the same one on the account as of old and it will work 99 times out of a hundred and then the same foolishness all over again.

This happened a few days ago and I called on the phone and said the next time it happens I will go to AT&T or T-Mobile with all my lines, and then I won't need to access the web portal to view or pay my invoice.

The young lady said sorry it keeps happening and said something about a security pin.

told her I already did that quite awhile ago and that is not something the web portal asks for. She offered credits for the issue and would tell the web department about it and maybe they can figure it out.

So maybe you will have to get tough with them to actually have them fix it.

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi @jonjones:

Thanks for posting that screen. I don't even have a column named Bill inserts when I go to that page. I can't pull up any date in 2017 when selecting a bill date. My guess is that I have multiple accounts associated with my internet service, and the one that at least part of this page is using thinks my service terminated in 2015. But it's not completely broken. The My Verizon landing page does show the correct speed for my internet service, which I just recently bumped up. On that same page, however, it says, Your billing information is not available, just above the Pay Bill > button. I think now the question is how do I package this up to try to get it fixed?

Sorry. Didn't mean to hijack this thread. 🙂