Why do I have problems with 75/75 being slow?
Createmore4me

It feels like I am stuck with a 3 mbps sometimes. I watch videos at 1080p 60 fps or even 2k resolution but I am lagging. I have a pc that is compatible with 2k resolution so why is verizon so slow at times? I thought fiber optic was the best. I am upgrading to 100/100 and it should be available as soon as next friday the 23rd. Running with an ethernet cable also so there should be no slow down but there is!

0 Likes
Re: Why do I have problems with 75/75 being slow?
TheAdmiralty

I'm on 150/150 and am currently getting 11/353 according to the internet speed test, and have been for the last week in the evenings.

Verizon is getting another call tomorrow and if I'm told to restart my router one more time, I'll be contacting customer service to terminate this account.  Have been told that my 'wireless' is the problem twice, told them I'm running a 10Gbit HBA over CAT6 directly to the router, to which statistically half of the people I contacted had no idea what that meant and said it was probably unsupported and that they wouldn't help me.

No reason to upgrade when they're not even going to deliver 10% of the advertised speed regardless and then refuse to investigate their own internal issues.  My **bleep** phone can do better as a 4G hotspot than the download speeds I'm getting on Fios right now.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It's a simple Ethernet adapter. Not big technology.

lets stop trying to over do the computer.

take a real laptop or desktop and first plug the Ethernet to the ROUTER WAN port and then hook in the device into one of the LAN ports on the router. You then go to the Verizon Fios speedtest site and test the speed. 

If the speedtest then shows uneven speeds, then call 1-800-VERIZON and tell them.

don't mention any unsupported PCE/EIDE cards you may have installed in your computer. Also Verizon will not support any customer owned routers or any situation where a customer bypasses the normal setup.

ONT-Router-Device

And then if you still feel you should be able to use the setup you have in contradiction to established setup for Fios then find a provider that will allow it.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Createmore4me

What the heck do you mean by a real desktop?I custom built my computer with custom parts. My computer specs:

MB:MSI  H170A-Gaming Pro with gigabit ethernet connector port

CPU: intel i5-6500

GPU: MSI geforce 1070 8GB

RAM: 16GB DDR4(8x8) can upgrade more if wanted

SSD: 500GB samsung evo 850 

HDD: 1TB Western Digital

I don't even use a different router but the fios gateway. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Ha ha sorry I should have said a ready made laptop or desktop.

i have built many a system in my day. The problem with home built machines any conflict of a device, a nic card or even certain types of memory can cause havoc.

take another computer not home built and make sure the ONT Ethernet connection is Cat 5e or Cat 6, to the Verizon router. It is a good idea to do a complete reset of the router. After you turn it back on, and it has obtained a DNS assignment then just plug your (non home made) laptop or desktop into a free LAN port on the router.

then try the Verizon speedtest again. 

I noticed you piggy backed on a thread not actually related to your true speed.

I see below you state 100/100 my apologies. Verizon now has gigabyte service at a reasonable price. but you would have to see if available in your location.

you may also have a bad Verizon router, a bad ONT or as I stated earlier a bad component in your system.

Terrible system congestion in your neighborhood or other reasons. I would have Fios send a tech out to verify the actual speeds. You may also not be provisioned properly for what you pay for.

insist on a home visit.

Good Luck

0 Likes