Why do I keep getting kicked off of MY WiFi network?!?
jvw0506
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: Why do I keep getting kicked off of MY WiFi network?!?
jonjones1
Legend

Ha ha ha now that’s a new one on posting to a customer helping customer forum.

verizon has mucho problems with their FiOS Quantum Gateway Router made by Greenwave. The best solution is to purchase a better router like Netgear or Asus or TP-Link 

verizon does not guarantee any speeds on WiFi only on a direct connection via ethernet from your computer to the router. 

No service will guarantee it. “So there are no boots on your throat” as stated in your URL. But it was original and it gave me a chuckle 

0 Likes
jvw0506
Enthusiast - Level 2

see, if YOU know that "verizon has mucho problems with their FiOS Quantum Gateway Router" then I'm guessing Verizon knows, too.  So why am I paying to rent the **bleep** every month and, for that matter, why is Verizon not fixing my problem and issuing me credits??

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I may know because I am a customer who researched Fios “before” I ordered it.

however the router is highly rated for it gigabyte speeds and tv interface.

its the WiFi radio. They don’t give credits for WiFi. No service will.

you have to remember their WiFi antennas are internal and not external. No beamforming or mimo or high gain transmission antennas.

you can purchase your own router as I said below. Or you can pay rental fees. That choice is up to you. 

Fios service has never ever given me any issues. I don’t use their routers, I don’t need or ask for their tech support, my invoice is always correct and I know if and when my non contract discounts fall off.

it pays to be an informed consumer.

0 Likes