Switch Account

Why does Verizon charge money to come fix their hardware?

Why does Verizon charge money to come fix their hardware?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(399 Views)

Please route this complaint to where it needs to go.

I called Verizon today because our internet was out (all other services working fine). I tried restarting the router and the battery without any luck. I called Verizon customer support and had to sit through 6 minutes of automated voice to tell me to restart my router and battery again. Then I talked to a human and we also restarted the router and battery a 3rd time (again, without luck). This is fine -- I understand these were standard troubleshooting steps.

We came to the conclusion that a technician needed to come out and fix it. I thought this was fine too, but the help desk told me "oh by the way you're going to be charged a $70 maintenance fee and an additional $100 if any wiring needs to be replaced". That's insanity. I'm paying a premium for TV and Internet and I should not have to pay ANYTHING if your service breaks.

For peace of mind, I tested a different ethernet cable and boom, that fixed it. I was about to be forced to pay $170 for someone to come out and change the ethernet cable.  I immediately closed my service ticket.

Just a terrible experience overall, really disappointed in Verizon's repair policy.  Why should I get charged money when your crap breaks?  I'm paying for a service, if anything I should get a credit to my account for your service being unavailable.  Thank goodness I had a spare ethernet cable laying around and checked.  But seriously, it woulda been $170 for someone to come out and swap out a $7 ethernet cable.  I still can't wrap my head around that. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(389 Views)

There isn’t a charge to replace bad Verizon equipment. But inside wiring has always  been a chargeable thing. No different than an electrician coming to fix a circuit breaker or a plumber to fix a pipe. They would charge you too. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.