Switch Account

Why is Verizon routing access to myfiosgateway.com?

Why is Verizon routing access to myfiosgateway.com?

Contributor 1_fast_fiber
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(700 Views)

I feel like Verizon is taking more of my control of my device away. Why do I need to access my device via their web portal. I feel like they are doing this to control accessing, speeds, config, vpn related usage etc. More of monitoring the users.

How do I get around this. Am I able to go from the ONT cat6 port into a 3rd party wireless router that limits verizon's intrustion and say over my local device?

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(683 Views)

You can log into the router directly by going to 192.168.1.1.

BTW, the URL is really just a shortcut to that IP.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(605 Views)

If you get certificate errors when you try to log in to your Gateway, see the thread at

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Certificate-Error-Router-home-page-hacked-192-168-1-1/td...

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.