Why is my wireless speed so slow?
Johnbath

First of all... why didn't you let me use my verizon email address when I joined this community. I'm obviously a Verizon customer....instead you kept giving me the message that someone else was using that email address...duh....that would be me. SHM.

Secondly, I went to the link you provided to chasnge the channel on my router and used admin as my username and the serial number on the router tag....guess what? Zilch! And no I didn't change my password. I would have no idea how to do that if I wanted to.

Thirdly, when trying to do the speed test my wireless was so slow that the test timed out?!?!? Are you kidding me..... and you wonder why people go elswhere for their Wifi needs?? 

you people need to go back to the **bleep**ty tech schools that you came from because your information sucks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my wireless speed so slow?
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hey!

This is a peer to peer support forum, so your talking to other customers, if you wanted to talk to Verizon directly you'll have to go to their contact page. 

By chance do you have an Android phone? I would strongly reccomend the WiFi Analyzer app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

It allows you to see what other WiFi networks are around you. If there is a lot of interference, you would want to use the 5 GHz wifi band, which is a lot less crowded than the current 2.4 GHz band. Which router from Verizon do you have? 

Does it look like the G1100 Model, or the Actiontec model? 

If it is the Actiontec model, then you should consider upgrading, as the newer model supports the faster 5 GHz wifi band. 

Also if we know the model, we should be able to assist you in getting your password set properly. 

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

Re: Why is my wireless speed so slow?
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hey!

This is a peer to peer support forum, so your talking to other customers, if you wanted to talk to Verizon directly you'll have to go to their contact page. 

By chance do you have an Android phone? I would strongly reccomend the WiFi Analyzer app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

It allows you to see what other WiFi networks are around you. If there is a lot of interference, you would want to use the 5 GHz wifi band, which is a lot less crowded than the current 2.4 GHz band. Which router from Verizon do you have? 

Does it look like the G1100 Model, or the Actiontec model? 

If it is the Actiontec model, then you should consider upgrading, as the newer model supports the faster 5 GHz wifi band. 

Also if we know the model, we should be able to assist you in getting your password set properly. 

Best of luck!