Wi Fi Software Download
JCrewDad

Where can I find the Wi Fi Download software?

0 Likes
Re: Wi Fi Software Download
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzcp_wifi_landing

you have to click on register and then it gives you the download.  

0 Likes
Stasiu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know how large is the installed software, and what system changes it would make (e.g. registry)? How does it work outside of the usual network connections that Windows7 can make? thx

-Stasiu

0 Likes
lml999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone get it to work with Firefox?

Verizon Wi-Fi Installer 1.0 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.3.

0 Likes
cottoncandy90

I clicked on that link and cannot find the download.

0 Likes
kentm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know why you need it anyway. I found out today that all the Starbucks/BarnesNoble/ etc. in the DFW area don't have Verizon wifi anymore any way. All you need is your regular wifi system in the computer and log into the AT&T wifi. When I called Verizon about that, I got a vague answer that it should be free to use anyway. But the Verizon WIFI connect software never identified the wifi signal at all. So I don't know if that means the hotspot search machine is still good or not. It's too bad that can not be explained in all the hype pages on their main website. Now there may be locations where Verizon is still the provider but their WIFI Connect software seems sort of useless...

Carol52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded my FIOS bundle.  The "Welcome" e-mail I got had a link to get Verizon Wi-Fi.  When I tried to register the software, I also got the message that the Add-on is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.3.  I was told by Verizon support that this software is not needed and the support individual was totally unfamiliar with its existence.

In my opinion, Verizon should either fix the compatibility issue with the most current version of Firefox (3.6.3) and provide support or COMPLETELY remove it and no longer tell users about it in e-mails they send to their users.  It's very frustrating to be told about something that appears to be available but has problems and has absolutely no support!

0 Likes