WiFi Problems with Verizon
BlueMunoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quantum Routers have WiFi problems?

I have a Verizon Fios G1100 Quantum Gateway Wireless Router (fios‑g1100 Daul)

and it keeps dropping the WiFi signal.  I have to reboot the router frequently.  Is anyone else having the problem?  Also the WIFI speed is always poor.

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Problems with Verizon
jonjones1
Legend

@BlueMunoz wrote:

and it keeps dropping the WiFi signal.  I have to reboot the router frequently.  Is anyone else having the problem?  Also the WIFI speed is always poor.

You may want to call 1-800-VERIZON and have them replace it. Could be a bad router.

another thing you could do is get your own secondary router and either use that instead of the G1100 or use it in access point mode and just use the Quantum to get your dns and use your own router to assign ip addresses and for better wifi.

you could then turn off wifi on the quantum.

Good Luck

0 Likes
BlueMunoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jonjones wrote:

@BlueMunoz wrote:

You may want to call 1-800-VERIZON and have them replace it. Could be a bad router.

another thing you could do is get your own secondary router and either use that instead of the G1100 or use it in access point mode and just use the Quantum to get your dns and use your own router to assign ip addresses and for better wifi.

you could then turn off wifi on the quantum.

Good Luck

Thanks for your response.  It's appreciated. 

So the solution is a work-around and not a fix.  What you're suggesting is that Verizon's router can't do the job claimed by the company, so I need another router to fix my problem.  Why am I paying so much money to Verizon?  🙂

Currently tech support is working with me and they are trying different things, rebooting, clearing static from the lines and assigning new addresses so I'm hoping it will get better.  I have my fingers crossed.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The problem is there is a known wifi issues with the Quantum Gateway G1100 not all of them,

a simple google search will bring up more.

many customers have found remarkable improvements using wifi with their own routers working in access point mode with the Fios router.

you pay for access to the net. But Verizon will try different steps to fix the issues. If all else fails they will replace the router to see if that fixes the problem.

if not they often times send a tech to your home. If the tech can not fix the problem, he will notify Fios to have engineers look into it. After that? 😀

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

All routers report up to speed and distance.

Any number of issues can affect performance.

Anything from interference, cross talk from other nearby rotuers and possibly hardware issues.

If you have an android device, download an app called wifi analyzer.

It can help you determine optimal channels (vs letting router decide) as well as report signal strength.

0 Likes