WiFi Service Drops Off
Hatsaplen

Since the lock down I average about 10 dropped wifi on my phone a day. I sit on a couch about 10 feet from my wireless router yet the service drops off anyway. And if I have to hear my 10yo complain that his tablet is broken because he has lost the wifi signal again. All thw while my router appears to be operating perfectly. 

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Service Drops Off
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, it seems that your wireless access point is the culprit, not the FiOS service. FiOS provides your Broadband up to your ONT, then everything else is determined by your underlying devices, such as router, switch, and access point.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

If you are using a verizon router they are responsible for the function of that device as well. Contrary to the other post.

if you call Verizon they can test speed and connectivity of their equipment. However if you are relying on wifi no company guarantees the wifi service. A bad router can be culprit or bad router settings. 

additionally if you have SON on (self organizing network) turn it off. It does more harm than good.

1-800-VERIZON 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe Verizon is only responsible for either rented equipment or purchased equipment within the warranty period.

Therefore, if your router is rented from Verizon, Verizon does take responsibility for its malfunction. If you bought the router over a year ago, I don't think Verizon is responsible.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

If a customer purchased the router it’s a two year warranty. If it is rented it is covered for as long as you foolishly pay rental on it.

wifi in any ISP is not and never can be guaranteed.

0 Likes