WiFi extender with FIOS Quantum Gateway
GG222
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I have a Netgear WN1000RP wifi booster that worked fine with my old Verizon modem/router.  I recently got the new Verizon FIOS Quantum Gateway G1100 router, and the wifi booster no longer works.  I read on another forum that this could be due to the MoCA standard being different.  The G1100 supports MoCA 2.0; whereas, most boosters only support MoCA 1.1.  According to the G1100 user manual, the G1100 supports MoCA 1.1 also, but I don't know how to set it to use MoCA 1.1 instead of MoCA 2.0.  Does anyone know?  Has anyone else found solutions for using a wifi booster with the G1100?  Thank you!!

Re: WiFi extender with FIOS Quantum Gateway
sfmillburn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having a similar problem. My older third generation router plays and communicates nicely with my MoCA modems around the house. They are a bit older (and I'm not sure how easy it is to get MoCA 2.0 equipment anyway), so they are probably the 1.1 standard. The new G1100 doesn't see them at all though everything else works. I assumed from the manual that 1.1 support is automatic and couldn't find anything in the configuration menus to make it downgrade to 1.1. Perhaps it is a bug in the firmware or hardware. It would be interesting to hear if others have gotten the G1100 to work with older MoCA equipment.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GG22, hope all is well.  Does your Netgear router have an option to change settings from extender to acting as a router? 

~Eva

0 Likes
Adi3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the exact same problem!
Netgear WN3000RP will not work with the Quantum router

0 Likes
Adi3
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is a WIFI repeater not a router; yoou can use it as a WAP if you have a Ethernet port nearby.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

A quick read of the Netgear FAQ explains it is a wireless exgtender (which you appear to know).
That means that the location you put it has to have good wireless signal to begin with.

If you have a wireless device where the extender is located, can you log in to the Quantum router?

If not, you need to put the extender in a location where you have a signal good enough to log in.

0 Likes