Re: WiFi for Blu-Ray and TV
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok, that is great to hear that your issue is fixed.

Please consider marking as solved.

--

So, let me get this straight: Verizon helped you but Samsung did not?

0 Likes
tony9r
Enthusiast - Level 3

@dslr595148 wrote:

Ok, that is great to hear that your issue is fixed.

Please consider marking as solved.

--

So, let me get this straight: Verizon helped you but Samsung did not?

Samsung tech support tried to help me...with their strong accent...they had me do stuff that I had already tried (they never mentioned checking the ALL CAPS that is defaulted on their products). But the Verizon tech support guy (with no accent) almost immediately told me to check my password...and this was the problem, in my case.

0 Likes
SkippyPete

I have a similar issue but I have verified my password.  I have a Samsung TV and I also have a Blue-Ray player on a separate Samsung TV.  I also called Samsung and got the heavy foreign accent and went through all of the troubleshooting steps (which I had already gone through by myself).  However, the TV and Blue-Ray reports that I have a connection but every time I try to access anything (Neflix) I get the message that it cannot connect.  The Samsung Rep things that Verizon is blocking ports but I was able to successfully connect to Netflix on another TV via a Wii.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

I was having no problem for weeks.  However I just increased by Passphrase 23 characters.  The connections for the Samsung TV and Blu-ray would work until I turned them off.  I would then come up with no connection and have to select my SSID  and reentering the key.

After trying lots of things, I ended trying shorter passphrase.  Didn't work at 20 characters, but did start working correctly again when I dropped to 18 characters.. 

This is a bit short of the minimum recommended.   Usual recommended is at least 20 characters.  I've forgotten the actual number but somewhere not far above that covers all the possible 64 character hex keys that are actually generated from the passphrase assuming you use all allowable ASCII characters.

0 Likes