WiFi with Windows 7 (64bit) and without Verizon Software???
MWKensinger

Hopefully someone can help...

Bought my wife a new Windows 7 (64bit) based laptop for Christmas...The first thing that floored me was that I can no longer download and install MSN Premium for my machines...not at all happy about that, especially since we have been using this since it was first offered (by Microsoft, not Verizon),

Now I find I can't use the WiFi because the software is not compatible with Windows 7 as well...this was especially aggravating as I specifically looked into compatibility issues prior to buying the laptop and the website says it works with both 32 & 64 bit Windows 7...well, it doesn't.

Is there a way to log onto the Verizon hotspots using the Windows 7 native WiFi applications?  I have a user and password for the WiFi service (which works really well on the older XP system)...but I do not know if I can access the Verizon HotSpots without the Verizon software...any suggestions???

Thanks for any input!!

Michael

0 Likes
Re: WiFi with Windows 7 (64bit) and without Verizon Software???
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@MWKensinger wrote:

Hopefully someone can help...

Bought my wife a new Windows 7 (64bit) based laptop for Christmas...The first thing that floored me was that I can no longer download and install MSN Premium for my machines...not at all happy about that, especially since we have been using this since it was first offered (by Microsoft, not Verizon),

Now I find I can't use the WiFi because the software is not compatible with Windows 7 as well...this was especially aggravating as I specifically looked into compatibility issues prior to buying the laptop and the website says it works with both 32 & 64 bit Windows 7...well, it doesn't.

Is there a way to log onto the Verizon hotspots using the Windows 7 native WiFi applications?  I have a user and password for the WiFi service (which works really well on the older XP system)...but I do not know if I can access the Verizon HotSpots without the Verizon software...any suggestions???

Thanks for any input!!

Michael

MWKensinger,

May want to try this and see if it works for you:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/WIFI-connect-and-Windows-7-Verizon-claims-it-works-but-it...

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
Re: WiFi with Windows 7 (64bit) and without Verizon Software???
Glica
Enthusiast - Level 2

This may help, I have a laptop, it's 64-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium, I got it for christmas as well, it DOES work with Verizon FiOS WiFi, how do I know this?  I've been online a lot.  I don't use any Verizon FiOS Software WiFi Installer, Laptops have a wireless wifi card in their system.

0 Likes