Bob710

While I understand Verizon does not guarantee wifi speeds, apparently their equipment has programing issues that negates the potential of enhanced wifi speeds.  I don't understand how you can promote speeds that cannot be realized relative to wifi connections.  I upgraded to 1G/1G and am not able to get 75Mbps Download?  The poor servicemen that come out have to face the customer with their hands tied thus impacting on your customer service level as well as the environment the service people have to face.  UGH!

0 Likes
Re: WiFi
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you done speed test to speedtest.Verizon.net from a wired connection to verify you are programmed properly?

if that is ok, are you connection to 5g?

And finally are you testing on WiFi to the same Verizon test site?

Re: WiFi
jonjones1
Legend

@Bob7 wrote:

While I understand Verizon does not guarantee wifi speeds, apparently their equipment has programing issues that negates the potential of enhanced wifi speeds.  I don't understand how you can promote speeds that cannot be realized relative to wifi connections.  I upgraded to 1G/1G and am not able to get 75Mbps Download?  The poor servicemen that come out have to face the customer with their hands tied thus impacting on your customer service level as well as the environment the service people have to face.  UGH!

WiFi speeds are not a direct connection to the router from the device.

no where under any conditions will you get 940/880 gigabyte speeds under WiFi.

never ever will that happen. In fact unless you have a very high end computer you will never see even wired speeds close to what the proprietary speed test from Verizon.