Wifi Extender Model# WCB6200Q Setup
k1ttyloaf

I bought the Wifi Extender Model# WCB6200Q to extend wifi in my upstairs. I am having issues setting it up with my network. I want it to repeat the same SSID, but it is creating 2 new SSIDs that are similar to my network but slightly different ("My network name" becomes "My").  I went into the GUI for it to set it up manually, and then it worked great! However, after I unplug it or after about 1 day time, it automatically resets to what it was trying to do automatically. 

Some additional information -- we do not have coax set up, only ethernet, which is wired throughout the house.

I guess what I need is how to stop it from automatically changing my SSIDs/how do I keep my manual setup? 

0 Likes
Re: Wifi Extender Model# WCB6200Q Setup
jonjones1
Legend

@k1ttyloaf wrote:

I bought the Wifi Extender Model# WCB6200Q to extend wifi in my upstairs. I am having issues setting it up with my network. I want it to repeat the same SSID, but it is creating 2 new SSIDs that are similar to my network but slightly different ("My network name" becomes "My").  I went into the GUI for it to set it up manually, and then it worked great! However, after I unplug it or after about 1 day time, it automatically resets to what it was trying to do automatically. 

Some additional information -- we do not have coax set up, only ethernet, which is wired throughout the house.

I guess what I need is how to stop it from automatically changing my SSIDs/how do I keep my manual setup? 

https://www.verizon.com/supportresources/pdf/8059_VER_WIFI_EXTENDER_QSG_final%20version.pdf

The above link link may be of assistance. In our home the wifi extender always changes the SSID as for example to Netgear2.4G_ext and so on. (I don't use Verizon extenders)

Netgear5G_ext

read the manual from the link above for your make/model

Good Luck

0 Likes