Wifi Extender Model# WCB6200Q Setup

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 2
(1,127 Views)

I bought the Wifi Extender Model# WCB6200Q to extend wifi in my upstairs. I am having issues setting it up with my network. I want it to repeat the same SSID, but it is creating 2 new SSIDs that are similar to my network but slightly different ("My network name" becomes "My").  I went into the GUI for it to set it up manually, and then it worked great! However, after I unplug it or after about 1 day time, it automatically resets to what it was trying to do automatically. 

Some additional information -- we do not have coax set up, only ethernet, which is wired throughout the house.

I guess what I need is how to stop it from automatically changing my SSIDs/how do I keep my manual setup? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Wifi Extender Model# WCB6200Q Setup

Message 2 of 2
(1,118 Views)

@k1ttyloaf wrote:

I bought the Wifi Extender Model# WCB6200Q to extend wifi in my upstairs. I am having issues setting it up with my network. I want it to repeat the same SSID, but it is creating 2 new SSIDs that are similar to my network but slightly different ("My network name" becomes "My").  I went into the GUI for it to set it up manually, and then it worked great! However, after I unplug it or after about 1 day time, it automatically resets to what it was trying to do automatically. 

Some additional information -- we do not have coax set up, only ethernet, which is wired throughout the house.

I guess what I need is how to stop it from automatically changing my SSIDs/how do I keep my manual setup? 

https://www.verizon.com/supportresources/pdf/8059_VER_WIFI_EXTENDER_QSG_final%20version.pdf

The above link link may be of assistance. In our home the wifi extender always changes the SSID as for example to Netgear2.4G_ext and so on. (I don't use Verizon extenders)

Netgear5G_ext

read the manual from the link above for your make/model

Good Luck

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.