Wifi droping on one of my two Actiontec MI424WR routers

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Wifi droping on one of my two Actiontec MI424WR routers

Message 1 of 3
(319 Views)

Hi, using the excellent guide here, I connected two Actiontec MI424WR routers: router A is Gen I (Rev) and connects to the ONT so I get 1 gbps, wifi turned off, home office wired plugged into LAN.

Router B is Gen F (Silver) and I only use that for wifi in part of my house, connected to Router A via LAN ethernet.

Whereas for the past many years, wifi has been fine on Router B, now the same devices drop after a couple of minutes. I'm able to connect quickly, but keeps on dropping.

Any ideas as to what could be causing it? Again, the same devices (iPhones) on Router B wifi has worked fine for years.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Wifi droping on one of my two Actiontec MI424WR routers

Message 3 of 3
(231 Views)

Seems to be solved. I started at square one of that doc and made sure that there were absolutely no connections on either router except for the configuration PC. Must have been an IP conflict.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 3
(238 Views)

In the router with Wi-Fi enabled, you disabled SON?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(232 Views)

Seems to be solved. I started at square one of that doc and made sure that there were absolutely no connections on either router except for the configuration PC. Must have been an IP conflict.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.