Wifi dropping frequently
FIOSuser007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have quantum router and it's dropping wifi frequently. I even called support to replace my router .I still have same problem in my new router . It drops atleast 3 times a day. 

Is it buying our own router is a only option ? Could i buy a wifi router and connect to this FiOS router thru lan ?? Thank you 

0 Likes
Re: Wifi dropping frequently
Cbartho
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is your Quantum Gateway configured over coax or ethernet to the ONT?

0 Likes
Cbartho
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, what speed are you getting and do the white lights on the front of the router turn off when the signal turns off?

Cbartho
Enthusiast - Level 3

if its connected via ethernet wan to the ont it could be a bad power supply unit/ a loose grey cable to the power supply/ont, which can sometimes cause the ethernet connectivity to shut down at the ont, either way I would get a tech out to take a look. 

jonjones1
Legend

Yes in access point mode you can keep the quantum for DHCP only.

use the better router for WiFi and for up assignment. 

Turn off the wifi on the Fios quantum router.

0 Likes
FIOSuser007
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks...Its configured over Coax and when Wifi is off ,white lights are always ON so I have no idea when Wi-fi off. finally I end up rebooting the whole thing.

Am I missing any settings in Fios router..or new Wifi router is the only option?

I have Wifi extender(TP-link RE450) at home,can this be used as WIFI router?

0 Likes
Yrrah1

Did the problem got resolved? I have the same problem. They replaced my router and send a tech but still a problem. They are saying it’s interference?? 

0 Likes
KarenTV

Support told me today there’s nothing they can do. Blaming intereference. Would make more sense if the wifi was down-but it isn’t! Only internet connectivity...

0 Likes
FIOSuser007
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem is on their Router, I had bought new Wifi router and switched off Wifi in Fios router and it worked ,no issues after that.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Still possibility it was interference.

If you have an android device, install an app called wifi analyzer.

It will look at what channels you have and recommend best.

Quantum defaults to auto channel selection.

It is better to find the bst channel and configure it for that.

0 Likes