Wifi drops out when Verizon feels you use to much data
Split327

Can't stand Verizon regulating my usage. Can't even do a speed test, when I use the higher 5g, app drops out as soon as the speed goes over my 75 Mbps. Lower speed test goes right through with 35-40 Mbps. Is this proof Verizon are a bunch of crooks cheating there customers by charging higher fees for higher speeds and not delivering. I think so.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi drops out when Verizon feels you use to much data
jonjones1
Legend

@Split327 wrote:

Can't stand Verizon regulating my usage. Can't even do a speed test, when I use the higher 5g, app drops out as soon as the speed goes over my 75 Mbps. Lower speed test goes right through with 35-40 Mbps. Is this proof Verizon are a bunch of crooks cheating there customers by charging higher fees for higher speeds and not delivering. I think so.

That is totally false. Verizon does not cap your usage on Fios.

they do however throttle on their Verizon Wireless side during peak cell usage.

this is Verizon Fios. 

For a quick lesson on the difference of 2.4 and 5 Ghz the 2.4 is far reaching and can penetrate better than the 5 G which is faster between devices.  Basically for quick data in your home network.

verizon has nothing to do with your speed test. There could be a problem after the connect leaves your node. It could be internet congestion, even the site you use to test your speed can vary. They are not always reliable.

in fact wifi is owner dependent and not operated by your service provider. To truly test speed and congestion direct connect via Ethernet to your router and then do a test site to see the speed.

lastly wifi is not as fast as a direct connection to the router due to other devices and obstructions like walls, metal, cordless phones, etc.