Wifi is strong, but can't connect to internet
JF2016
Hi, a few basics first.... I have a Mac desktop and laptop, which were connected to Verizon wifi with no problem three years ago, and also through an apple time capsule for most of that time. About 2 months ago, I found that I could not connect to the Internet, despite a strong signal from my router. I removed the time capsule/local network to just go back to Verizon, and wifi would not work. Eventually this router just didn't work at all. I was sent a new router this week, connected without issue, all my devices can detect the wifi with no problem, strong signal, but the actual internet connection is spotty at best, sometimes not at all... So I'm not sure the new router is making much of an improvement. When this was at its height I would have to reset and disconnect everything but that didn't even work towards the end. Possible that my router is in a bad place in my apartment? I guess I'm having trouble understanding why things are not working now when they worked seamlessly for years. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
0 Likes
Re: Wifi is strong, but can't connect to internet
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Start by trying to plug in to the router via Ethernet. See if internet access is good.

Then be near router and check internet.

0 Likes