Wifi speed
Jerryslusarz

I am currently paying for 150 mbps up/down...after 7 speed tests, I am averaging 128 up and 124 down...that is a sum of 50 mbps that i have been paying for which i have not been receving for months now...how do i go about compensation?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi speed
jonjones1
Legend

@Jerryslusarz wrote:

I am currently paying for 150 mbps up/down...after 7 speed tests, I am averaging 128 up and 124 down...that is a sum of 50 mbps that i have been paying for which i have not been receving for months now...how do i go about compensation?

You have no case.

verizon speeds are based only and solely on a computer hooked into the Verizon router. And from this site.

https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/

Wifi is never guaranteed under any isp service.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@Jerryslusarz wrote:

You have no case.

verizon speeds are based only and solely on a computer hooked into the Verizon router. And from this site.

https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/

Wifi is never guaranteed under any isp service.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wifi speeds aren’t guaranteed.  Too many factors. Compensation?  Eyeroll. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Edg1 wrote:

Wifi speeds aren’t guaranteed.  Too many factors. Compensation?  Eyeroll. 

Read my last response. WiFi is never guaranteed, never due to many factors.

compensation would have nothing to do with it. My router doesn’t know how much it costs in order to function, (eyes rolling back) 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I not disputing what you said I just saying eyeroll for someone expecting compensation for wifi speeds that are not guaranteed. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Edg1 wrote:

I not disputing what you said I just saying eyeroll for someone expecting compensation for wifi speeds that are not guaranteed. 

You know I have to admit any customer wanting compensation for lousy WiFi speeds.

you may have given customers a new reason for complaining 😀

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Residential installations have zero compensation policy for Wireless performance due to the varied nature of wireless. There is no service level agreement what so ever on that part of the service.

The only part Verizon can provide a guarantee on, or at least offer a "minimum acceptable" agreement is on the incoming line. The incoming line is what you'll be able to test from a wired connection.

Verizon cannot control what wireless equipment and technologies your devices support. A cheap tablet or laptop is a "Up to 150Mbos" radio is probably only going to link at 72.2Mbps, which will net if you're very lucky, 50Mbps in a single direction. Verizon can also not control getting speeds three floors up from a router located in a basement, which due to physics, naturally causes a decrease in performance.

Now, had you paid tens of thousands of dollars for a site survey and professional installation of wireless access points to install equipment capable of reaching a desired speed, you might have a case against your vendor if the network itself underperforms. But the same vendor can still prove that the wireless speeds are not being provided due to sub-par wireless equipment on the client side.

Wireless is a tricky subject. For performance, always use a cable wherever possible. Wireless gets expensive the more you push the performance envelope, as it works similar to any other convenience.