Will the Verizon E320 Extender work with the G3100 Router without having to upgrade to Fios TV one?’
bableck

I have the Verizon G310 router installed and would like to add the Verizon E320 Extender but Verizon (chat and attempts to order online) says I need to upgrade to the Fios TV One STB.  Will the Extender work with the router as a mesh network without upgrading the STB?  I suspect the Fios TV One also operates as an extender, but not sure.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will the Verizon E320 Extender work with the G3100 Router without having to upgrade to Fios TV o
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bableck wrote:

I have the Verizon G310 router installed and would like to add the Verizon E320 Extender but Verizon (chat and attempts to order online) says I need to upgrade to the Fios TV One STB.  Will the Extender work with the router as a mesh network without upgrading the STB?  I suspect the Fios TV One also operates as an extender, but not sure.

Yes it will but the reason Verizon won’t sell with legacy STBs is because they drop the MoCA network to version 1.1 which will limit the extender to about 150 mbps. If you upgrade to the FiOS TV One boxes the are MoCA 2.0. If you really want to add one just add it to the cart without logging in and pay as guest checkout. 

View solution in original post

Re: Will the Verizon E320 Extender work with the G3100 Router without having to upgrade to Fios TV o
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bableck wrote:

Yes it will but the reason Verizon won’t sell with legacy STBs is because they drop the MoCA network to version 1.1 which will limit the extender to about 150 mbps. If you upgrade to the FiOS TV One boxes the are MoCA 2.0. If you really want to add one just add it to the cart without logging in and pay as guest checkout.