Windows 7 And Verizon's Internet Security Suite
BigDaddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to Windows 7 today and it instructed me to uninstall Verizon Security Suite and reinstall after I upgraded.  Low and behold, upon trying to reinstall, the Internet Security Suite says I am using an OS other than XP or Vista and I need to upgrade to one of those before I can install it.

Anyone know of a fix or when Verizon will have the software Windows 7 ready?  Seems like they would have gotten ready for this before the launch of Windows 7.

Help.

0 Likes
Re: Windows 7 And Verizon's Internet Security Suite
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

Viss does not work in windows 7 at this time, you will need to wait until they complete the compatibility tests, maybe a month or so.

0 Likes
BigDaddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

UGH,,,,that is crazy.  They will be losing many subscribers of the VISS.  I either need to go without anti-virus for a month or so or go buy one where I wouldn't need VISS anymore.

0 Likes
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

it's your choice, it may not take as long since vista and 7 run about the same.

0 Likes
cliffs

Seriously?  The code was available to developers for months.  Norton and MCAfees were both able to update- why will it take verizon so long?  I pay $120 a year for my internet security suite from them based on a multi computer planand I can't affod to go without protection for a month.  If I buy Norton, I am sticking with Norton.  I expect many others will do the same- or live with having their computers hacked in the meantime. 

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@BigDaddy wrote:

UGH,,,,that is crazy.  They will be losing many subscribers of the VISS.  I either need to go without anti-virus for a month or so or go buy one where I wouldn't need VISS anymore.

DON'T GO WITHOUT!!!!  Whatever you do. You'll likely have a virus before the day is out.

Just go to Google and run a search for  AVG Free.

It works with windows 7 and is FREE. Its a great anti virus software. This will protect you until VISS is compatible. Or for that matter you can drop the VISS altogether and just use the free stuff anyway.

cliffs

Or you can download a free 3 month subscription to Norton and try both 360 or internet security and see whta you like.  You can get a bundel for a two year subscription for 3 PCs for $124.  This is less than VISS anyway.

0 Likes
claybar

I doubt if it will be a month or so before VISS is ready. I purchase a new computer back in January with Vista 64 bit and found out the VISS doesn't work with 64 bit. They told me it would be ready shortly!!! and I am still waiting for VISS to be ready. I went with McAfee 3 user Total Protection and it works well with what I have. I figure if it works well with Vista 64 it should be ok for Windows 7 64 bit. If and when VISS ever becomes available for Windows 7, they are going to have to give it to me for next to nothing to get me back.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I second the AVG Free suggestion. It's a good Antivirus program and it's free.

0 Likes
Irock
There are some very good free internet security software that can do the job as well, or even better. You can try the new enhanced Microsoft Security Essentials, which comes with firewall, anti-virus and all forms of malware protection. It is not annoying, and it does not slow down your computer. You can also try Comodo internet security software; that one is really great. It has an aggressive firewall along with a good anti-virus. It's not one of those stripped-down free version. I am ashamed for not paying for all of what it offers.
0 Likes