Windows 7 verision of Verizon Security Suite now available
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Verizon Internet Security suite (VISS) verision 9 is now available and works with windows 7.

If you have installed VISS before or did an upgrade from XP or Vista to Windows 7, you will need to uninstall both the VISS and "Verizon Servicepoint" from the computer. Then re-download and re-install the new version from the Verizon site.

If you've never had it on the computer before, all new downloads are Windows 7 compatible.

0 Likes
Re: Windows 7 verision of Verizon Security Suite now available
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

Hello, everyone!  I can confirm that what spacedebris is completely accurate.  The only thing I'd like to add is that you DO NOT have to worry about going to a special page or clicking on a special link to download the Windows 7 compatible version of VISS.  Simply follow the same procedure for downloading VISS as you would have with previous versions.  The server will determine which OS you are running and will allow you to download the appropriate version (8.0 vs. 9.0).

Regards,

Chris

For anyone who never received or lost the email with the download link for VISS, follow the following instructions:

1. Go to www.verizon.net
  2. Log in to your Verizon Central account using the primary account only
  3. Click on the "My Account" tab
  4. Click on "Manage Broadband Essentials & Extras" link to the left
  5. Verizon Internet Security Suite should be listed under the "Purchases" section
  6. Click "Access Now" to be redirected to VISS download page and follow on-screen directions from there
0 Likes