Windows 7
Claw9012

Why can't my work windows 7 laptop see the fios router?

0 Likes
Re: Windows 7
jonjones1
Legend

I would hazard a guess the Nic Card is old and cannot pick up the SSID 

it can also be you have to do a network setup through the windows settings.

please note Microsoft does not support Windows 7 any longer.

the other cause is your network administrator may have locked it only to your work network so you will need them to correct it.

0 Likes
Claw9012

The Laptop sees other networks in the area except mine. I have a Fios G3100 router. Doesn't matter what win 7 machine or nic card I use. No of them see my Fios router. Compay comuters, so upgrading to win 10 is not possible. These work computers worked on comcast. I even purchased a usb nic and the results were the same.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I don’t use verizon junk routers but my own. However if you can get into the router via 192.168.1.1 you need the login and password given to your router to get to the user interface. You then access wireless on the router and go to the SSID section and I would change the designation for 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz to something you can remember or first check to see that wifi has been turned on in the router. 

if it’s on and you don’t want to change the SSID names you could try to change the wifi channel to a more less crowded or used channel.

my guess is the wifi on your router is turned off or you have a bad router and you need to get it replaced.

0 Likes