Wiped re-installed windows7u, can't use internet, others can
Fill1

Hi,

So, I decieded that I wanted to wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate, due to laggy issues and some virsuses.  So once i did that, I tried to connect to internet but could not, now the other computer that is connected to this router can still have internet access, yet I cannot, and yes wireless still works.  It's the WI424WR rev. F router, and apparently I cannot use it because I do not have the drivers. Also, this was the computer that the technician initially installed all of the files onto, yet since otehr computers also using ethernet cables can use the internet I doubt that is a real factor.  And one more thing, when I tried to use the user manual,  I cannot click Local Area Connections, undet connect or disconnedt, because it's not there.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Wiped re-installed windows7u, can't use internet, others can
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This actually happens a lot with computers that are restored like that.  You have to get on the machine that works, and have a thumb drive or a burnable CD.  

You have to go to the manufacturers website for your PC, put in your model number of the PC, and then all the available drivers will show up, that you can download to a flash drive or cd and then "sneaker-net it", on over to your pc you wiped, and then reinstall the drivers.

Re: Wiped re-installed windows7u, can't use internet, others can
tns
Master - Level 2

No special driver should be needed for access to that model of Actiontec.  In fact drivers are not normally needed for any router for connection, just for special things such as configuring certain special features (none of these are needed for the actiontec).  On the otherhand your network/wireless adapter may need an update.  Possibly you may also need to have one of the windows updates.  Try wired access in order to  run Microsoft update.  Then, if the wireless still doesn't connect, then try running device manager.

0 Likes