Switch Account

Wired Connection Hanging When Wireless Gaming

Wired Connection Hanging When Wireless Gaming

Contributor gamer42
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(177 Views)

Whenever I start up a game on a laptop via wireless, the wired desktop has major connectivity issues. It's slow or just outright hangs when loading web pages or streaming low Res content.

The game is old and I didn't expect that it was using much bandwidth, but I put a monitor on the laptop and the game is not transferring much data back and forth (only a few MB per minute at max). However, it is a constant level of communication. I also ran a speed test (dslreports) and my most recent results at 75/68 so it's not for a lack of available bandwidth but my connection had some bad bufferbloat when uploading. The final rating was a C, but the peak during upload was around 1400ms.

Any ideas on what to check?

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(98 Views)

What is the brand, model and version of your router?

For example Actionec REV D

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor gamer42
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(57 Views)

I have a Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway model Fios-G1100

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.