Wired-only operation?
maggiebee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had someone in Verizon chat tell me it is NOT possible to turn off the wi-fi on a G1100 router while continuing to use its Ethernet ports for Internet access. (I have two desktop computers wired to it.)

From what I see in my settings and elsewhere, it looks like he was wrong. But I'm a little nervous about clicking the wi-fi off in my settings. Can anyone confirm?

TIA

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wired-only operation?
jonjones1
Legend

@maggiebee wrote:

I just had someone in Verizon chat tell me it is NOT possible to turn off the wi-fi on a G1100 router while continuing to use its Ethernet ports for Internet access. (I have two desktop computers wired to it.)

From what I see in my settings and elsewhere, it looks like he was wrong. But I'm a little nervous about clicking the wi-fi off in my settings. Can anyone confirm?

TIA

The representative that said that is a **bleep**.

you can go into WiFi settings and turn off all bands with safety. 2.4 Ghz 5 Ghz and guest network.

you just use the one of the 4 lan ports for wired devices. I would hook a powered switch to one of them if you have more than 4 devices you need to connect via ethernet.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@maggiebee wrote:

TIA

The representative that said that is a **bleep**.

you can go into WiFi settings and turn off all bands with safety. 2.4 Ghz 5 Ghz and guest network.

you just use the one of the 4 lan ports for wired devices. I would hook a powered switch to one of them if you have more than 4 devices you need to connect via ethernet.

maggiebee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Jon!

0 Likes