Wireless Connectivity
luv2golf
Does anyone have problems using their wireless laptop other than me?????  We have two laptops in the house, one connects "all" the time and one does not.  The only difference we can figure out is that one laptop uses Windows XP (that is the one that works) and one laptop uses Windows Vista....  I have had sevice techs out, one guy spent 3 hours trying to resolve this issue.  I just know it must be the router that we are using because the same thing happens when I take my lapotop to my daughter's house.  It worked FINE at her house until Verizon came out and changed her router too.....  For some reason, I cannot get this across to them at Verizon.  Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Connectivity
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Run the Verizon Connection Wizard software. verizon.com/connectionwizard
0 Likes
mdee

The "Connection Wizard" states that the laptop must be within 10 feet of the router in order to work reliably.  Is that an official statement from Verizon on the wireless capability of the FIOS supplied router?

The router has flaws in its wireless capabilities, as far as I can tell.  My previous router, Linksys, was rock solid.  My laptop had continuous wireless connectivity from about 30 ft awa.  This FIOS router is suspect at best.  Neither my laptop nor my desktop can maintain a reliable connection to it.  Bother are within 30 ft.  In addition, I've tried multiple wireless cards in my desktop.

0 Likes
Debbie

My problem is staying connected...it doesn't stay connected for very long I have to constantly reload the pages and hope that I can check my mail and respond to it. My desktop works great and it is alot faster than DSL.

0 Likes