Wireless Crashes Router
vkratliff
I've had FIOS for about six months.  When I connect wirelessly with a Dell laptop, I'm finding that I have to power cycle the router about three to six times a week.  Verizon replaced the router, but no luck.  If I keep the wireless off, it's rock solid.  I've jury-rigged a fix by reinstalling a linksys wireless router off of the actiontec and connecting all computers into the linksys.  Network is rocksolid, but I've got two routers.  Has anyone had similar problems?  firmware is 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.11.3
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Crashes Router
mole
I have had ongoing problems with wireless connection between my iMac and Actiontec router. Sometimes works for a week and other times I have to recycle router several times per day. I have tried several fixes suggested by Fios and Apple tech support without success. I am thinking of going your route with a separate Apple router connected to the Actiontec. What is involved with connecting another router to the Actiontec?
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Check out this post and see if it applies  CLICK HERE

0 Likes
vkratliff

mole:

It's not hard to add a second router.  Just keep the subnets separate.  If the actiontec is 192.168.1.1, make your second router 192.168.2.1, take a short cable to connect one of the four ports on the actiontec into the wan port on your new router.  The post from verizon indicating interference from phones looks useful, although I'm not sure I want to replace all of my cordless phones.

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
Instead of replacing all cordless phones, if applicable, change the broadcast channel of the wireless router.   The router and the phones using the same frequency are all set by default to 'automatic' when starting their search for available channel to use for each transmission 'use'.   the channels start at '0' and go up to '11'.   I don't know if the phones can be changed, but the wireless broadcast on the router can be changed to the other end '11', or to any place in between.