Wireless MAC Authentication
jimstecker

Hello,

I've looked through the manual for the MI424-WR router for Wireless MAC authentication but have not been able to find out how many MAC addresses the unit will accept into the Wireless MAC Authentication "Enable Access List". Does anyone know this? I have 10 addresses in there now and it seems it drops one out every time I add a new address. Is 10 the maximum? Seems low.

Thx

0 Likes
Re: Wireless MAC Authentication
logan81
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah if it wont let you use more than 10 then I guess that is the limit. That feature is so rarely used anymore that it doesn't really surprise me that it has such a limited capacity for wireless mac address authentication.

It could be that the window that displays the MAC address will only show 10 at a time, I don't know. I went to actiontec.com and couldn't find anything on their site or for other models that says they limit the number of address you can have. If you really got to know then you could call actiontec support and I bet they would know but that is not something we normally configure at Verizon.

Re: Wireless MAC Authentication
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

The Actiontec does have a hard limit of 10 MAC address for authentication.

No likely to be changed since wireless MAC authentication is essentially useless.

Anyone with a wireless sniffer can see your MAC addresses and easily spoof them.

0 Likes