Wireless Printer
sparker2000

My aunt bought a Brother printer which I hate by the way...Anyhoo she wants to add it to our network and seeing as its a wireless printer figured it would be easy enough to do.  However it will not work and for the life of me cannot connect or recognized wirelessly...Anyone have any ideas? 

The laptop is running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Printer
MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Would probably get more response if you post this in the Internet forum.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Printer
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

wOw.  this must be the internet forum ?

The directions that came with the wireless printer most likely say to get an ethernet cable to connect the printer to the router, AT FIRST, to enable setting it up.

Did you do that?  Usually the install disk\software that came with the printer will find the ESSID of your wireless network being broadcast from the router, and you prolly will have to put in the password for your wireless network.  -If you don't know it, the default password is located on a sticker on the router, called the WEP KEY.

The wireless printer has to obtain an IP address from your router (unless you make it have a static IP address that you also put into the router <-- [usually too much work for no greator benefit] ). 

Once your printer is recognized by the router, then the computers will be able to 'see it' on the network and then print to it.