Wireless Repeater
gregflo

I recently purchased a ZyXEK Wireless WAP 3205 Access Point/Repeater to extend our home network as the coverage at the other end of our house is lousy.  While I consider myself pretty proficient at setting up networks, for some reason nothing is "seeing" the repeater.  I entered the repeater's MAC address in my routers allowed list and the repeater saw the home network and allowed me to configure it with the right password.  Do I need to "point" devices to the repeater?  I didn't think that's how they worked and, besides, it doesn't show up as a device when I look at my router (which is a Verizon MI424WR).  Appreciate any assistance anyone can provide. 

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Repeater
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ideally, the repeater should be using the same SSID as the rest of the network. If the devices are able to see the repeater on the list (as indicated by a stronger signal, or two Access Points with the name same), your devices should be able to roam between the two without any real issue. It could be an issue relating to the roaming settings on your PC but the PC should be preferring the strongest AP of the two.

Have you confirmed that the AP is able to actually connect to the ActionTec wirelessly?

0 Likes